The 2014 ICAP Summer School was held the week before ICAP, July 28th to August 1st 2014, at the historic College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. The summer school was aimed at graduate students just starting their PhD, with the intention of surveying some of the most exciting areas in contemporary atomic physics. These lectures assumed the students have completed one year’s worth of graduate level physics classes, but did not assume any topical knowledge of atomic physics.
Lecture Notes The lecture notes can be obtained by clicking on the speaker:
- Wolfgang Ketterle: Quantum gases
- Jeff Kimble: Quantum Optics
- Jean Dalibard: Light matter interactions
- Yvan Castin: Scattering properties of atomic gases
Chris Greene: Few body physicsPaul Julienne: Ultracold collisions
- Ana Maria Rey: Many body physics with atomic systems